WHEN – JUNE 5, 2021 – 8am
WHERE – Barboursville Park in Barboursville, West Virginia. The race begins and ends by Lake William. Bib pickup and pancake breakfast are in Shelter #9.
ENTRY – The price beginning March 1 is $20 for the 4 miler, $30 for the 10 miler. Online registration closes and the entry fees increase $5 on Monday, June 1st. The event caps at 250 runners.
AWARDS – Awards will be given to the Top 3 Male and Female finishers of both races. There will not be an “Awards Ceremony”. Awards will be handed out shortly after runners cross the finish line. There are no age group awards, but age group results will be found at the shelter.
SHIRTS – Runners will receive a race shirt. **Entries must be sent before May 16th to guarantee a size** Shirts are a soft lightweight short sleeve, available in unisex sizing, XS-XXXL.
COURSE – The 10 Mile Trail Run course encompasses a little something for everyone. The first four miles are truly a woodsman delight as the course takes the runner through deep woods and game trails. The end of the fourth mile culminates in the arrival of the river trail and the first hydration station. The river trail is both fast and flat. The river trail will exit to the second hydration and aid station. The final 3.5 miles is primarily flat with only one challenging hill to traverse. Once uphill, breathtaking scenery awaits the runner as the trail overlooks the valley portion of Barboursville Park. There is one remaining hydration station at mile 8.5. The last eight tenths of a mile is downhill. The course of the 4 Mile Trail Run will be the first 4 miles of the 10 mile trail run. As a warning to prospective runners, the first eight tenths of a mile is uphill and can prove challenging but rewarding. There is no hydration station on the 4 mile course.
PARKING – In addition to the main parking lot near the lake, overflow parking will be in the grass between the tennis courts.
EXTRAS – We will once again offer a post-race pancake breakfast FREE to all participants.
PACKET PICKUP/ LATE REGISTRATION– Runners can pick up their packets at Robert’s Running Shop in Huntington on Friday, June 4th from 11am-6pm. You can also register for the race at this time.
REGISTRATION – Registration will open on February 1st. We will offer paper registration as well as Chronotrack online registration. Note: Chronotrack online registration does charge a $2-3 fee. You can find a link to the paper app at this site, if you’d prefer to mail in your registration. Mail forms and payment to R2R c/o Robert’s Running Shop – 1440 4th Ave. Huntington, WV 25701.
DIRECTIONS TO BARBOURSVILLE PARK –
Directions from I-64
• From I-64, take the Merritt’s Creek Exit (Exit 18), turn left at the light if coming from Charleston -I-64 W, right at the light if coming from Huntington – I-64E.
• Turn Right at the next light turning onto Rt. 60
• Go about 400m on Rt. 60 and turn left at first turn, Water Street (Right past large train underpass)
• Go on Water Street till light, turn left onto Main Street.
• Go on Main Street for 1 block until stop light
• Turn Right onto Central Ave
• Stay on Central Ave around the corner, under the viaduct and out until you get to Lee St (First stop sign)
• Turn Left onto Lee Street
• Take Lee Street until you connect with College Ave (Martha Rd) and turn Right onto it.
• You will pass by the Barboursville Middle school and it will take you uphill.
• Barboursville Park is on the Right on the hill
• Once turning into the park, continue over the hill until you find the large lake at the end of the road. It will be 1 mile from the main road. You can park in paved parking lot by the lake. Overflow parking will be in between the tennis courts.
Questions? Contact Kathleen Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org