Patriot Challenge Half-Marathon, 10K and 5K Run / Walk
Date: 18 July 2020
Half-Marathon starts at 7:00 AM (time limit of 4 hours)
10k starts at 7:15 AM
5k starts at 7:30 AM
Races start and finish in Ritter Park (near shelters), Huntington, WV
This is your chance of running or walking after weeks of ‘stay at home’
Packet pick-up will begin at 6:00 AM at Ritter Park shelter on 18 July 2020
Half-Marathon $40.00 $45.00 event day
10k $35.00 $40.00 event day
5k $25.00 $30.00 event day
Awards and shirts must be claimed by 11:30 on event day. Awards or shirts will not be mailed.
Runners and walkers are asked to bring a canned for item on event day. All donations will be given to local food banks.
Safety – Social Distancing.
- Request all runners and spectators wear face coverings (cover nose and mouth) at packet pick up, at race start and race finish.
- All volunteers (packet pick up and on course) shall wear face coverings (cover nose and mouth) and wear gloves. Also, volunteers shall practice social distancing.
- Race day registration, this area will be separated from packet pick up. We ask runners registering on event day to complete paper application before arriving at event site and have correct cash or check or register online. This is intended to limit contact between volunteers and runners. All volunteers and runners should practice social distancing.
- Water at start and finish will be provided as individual water bottles. On course hydration will be provided in paper cups provided by volunteers wearing face coverings and gloves.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at portable toilets and packet pick up / registration.
- We will record each runners start and finish time, therefore an athlete will be credited with their best net time. Races start at 15 minute intervals. This will provide more social distancing.
Thanks and have good race.